FROM THE AUTHORS OF TAKING SHAPE
COMES A NEW BOOK ABOUT A CERTAIN GOOD GUY...

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Rare Phantasm Oblivion Set Photos Surface

I don't know about you, but I loved 1998's Phantasm: Oblivion from the moment I first saw it, way before it was cool to like it. (Longtime phans might recall that, before Phantasm Ravager, the fourth film was the most shat-upon entry in the series.) It might not have the bigger budgets of its predecessors, but it arguably has the most heart. Imagine my delight this evening when I discovered the following set photos over in the IMDb gallery for the film. These pics depict stuntman Bob Ivy in his Demon Trooper getup. If memory serves, these rare pics are from Bob's personal collection, which has long been kept off the internet. I have no idea how these snapshots wound up on IMDb, but I thought I'd share them here for your personal enjoyment.


When I interviewed Bob Ivy for Phantasm Exhumed a decade ago, he explained that the top picture was the only known photo of the Demon Trooper with the Tall Man - understandable since they never had a scene together. The second picture shows Bob with Don Coscarelli. (I think that's Gigi Fast Elk Bannister peering over Bob's shoulder?) The final pic shows what appears to be a rehearsal between Bob and Reggie Bannister. All in all, great shots!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Incredible Tall Man Balloon Art

I've always found balloon characters impressive, but this takes the art form to another level entirely! Enter Brad Wood , better known o...