FROM THE AUTHORS OF TAKING SHAPE
COMES A NEW BOOK ABOUT A CERTAIN GOOD GUY...

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Incredible One-Man Cover of the Phantasm Theme



The internet is rife with covers of the classic Phantasm theme, many of them very good. Few are as impressive or as unusual as the recent one performed by guitarist Scotty Bootz Georgeson in the YouTube video you see below. Scotty began by dividing the Fred Myrow/Malcolm Seagrave theme into four parts and next recorded himself playing each separate part. When he combined these four performances into one video, the result is powerful!

And apparently I'm not the only one that holds that opinion. Don Coscarelli himself posted Scotty's theme to the official Phantasm Facebook page on August 7, prompting a whopping 866 likes!

I actually had the surprise pleasure of meeting Scotty at Chicago's Flashback Weekend this past summer. He started to bring up his theme cover, but I was one step ahead of him! I had actually already ripped an MP3 from his video and uploaded it to my phone for my long drive to Chicago. It is pure Phantasmic goodness!

Expand this post to see and hear Scotty's cover!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Incredible Tall Man Balloon Art

I've always found balloon characters impressive, but this takes the art form to another level entirely! Enter Brad Wood , better known o...